AGW has extensive experience helping clients comply with permitting requirements of the EPA, CDPHE, and municipalities (MS4s). We provide both construction and industrial stormwater compliance services. Clients using these services have included developers, government agencies, oil and gas companies, property management companies, and large corporations. AGW’s scientists and engineers have completed wetland delineation and management training, CDOT and CDPHE stormwater management/inspection training, and are all certified Erosion Control Supervisors.
Our staff is knowledgeable in all aspects of stormwater management including erosion and sediment control and proper installation techniques and maintenance of both structural and non-structural Best Management Practices (BMPs).
At AGW, we pride ourselves on designing and implementing simple and effective Stormwater Management Plans (SWMPs) under the supervision of a licensed Professional Engineer. Our routine and post storm event SWMP inspection and inspection recordkeeping services include the following:
- Ensure that designed BMPs are implemented prior to construction
- Determine whether there is evidence of discharge of sediment or pollutants from or onto the site
- Determine whether discharged sediment or other pollutants have reached State Waters
- Confirm that BMPs are properly installed, maintained, and are functioning according to the SWMP
- Determine if additional BMPs are needed
- Immediately report any significant issues directly to the client
- Complete AGW’s customized SWMP inspection form
- Update and maintain the SWMP documents as needed
When site construction requires dewatering and a discharge permit under the National Pollution Discharge Elimination System (NPDES), AGW also designs retention/settling basins, wattle systems, and sediment filtering systems to remove suspended solids prior to discharge. AGW also samples treated water at NPDES permit discharge points and completes the required documents including Discharge Monitoring Reports (DMRs) and annual reports for both SWMP and NPDES projects for submittal to regulatory agencies.